collects, stores, uses and shares your personal information.
Summary of how we manage your personal information
1. Collection: We collect the personal information you provide to us either directly or from your computer, mobile or other device. We may also collect your personal information from a range of third parties, including service providers. If you choose not to provide the personal information we request, then we may not be able to offer our products and services to you.
2. Use and Disclosure: We use your personal information for a range of purposes including for the provision of our products and services, to better understand your preferences and to conduct and develop our business. Where authorised, we may share your personal information with governmental and law enforcement agencies and third party service providers.
3. Storage: If we collect personal information about you, we will store it in secure data storage facilities. Access & Complaints: You have rights under the Privacy Act to request access to and correct your personal information.
1. Collection of your personal information
- your identification and contact details, including your name, email address, phone number, physical address, specimen signature and date of birth;
- information collected in relation to your derivative trading including your user name and login credentials, activity logs, IP address, device, browser and operating system identifiers;
- your employment details, financial position, source of funds, previous experience in trading, and other information you provide to allow us to assess your suitability for our products and services;
- your employment details, financial position, source of funds, previous experience in trading, and trading with Rockfort Markets;
- your queries, complaints and other written or verbal communications with us. When you’re dealing with any member of Rockfort Markets by telephone or live web or video chat service, your conversation may be recorded for training or verification purposes; and any other information that Rockfort Markets is required by law to collect about you.
2. Using and sharing your personal information – purposes
For the purposes set out below at 2.1-2.4, Rockfort Markets may use and share your personal information with your representatives; authorities such as regulators, government agencies, courts or the Police; fraud bureaus, credit reference and debt recovery agencies; external dispute resolution schemes; brokers and referrers; anyone in connection with a reorganisation, sale or acquisition of any Rockfort Markets business; payments systems operators; other financial institutions with which Rockfort Markets has joint marketing arrangements; any related corporate body of Rockfort Markets; and third parties such as our service providers, suppliers and certain sub-contractors.
- to assess whether to give you a particular product or service, including by confirming your identity, residence, employment and financial status, to assess your suitability for our products and services, and to make all necessary enquiries about any information you have given us in relation to any product or service that we are providing;
- to determine our hedging position from time to time and in particular whether we will take the market risk in trades with you (if we do, we will make money when a trade goes against you and lose money when a trade is in your favour)
- to provide our products and services to you, including communicating with you throughout the life of your relationship with Rockfort Markets about any changes to our products and services;
- to provide customer support, including contacting you to offer assistance with online applications (including those you do not complete);
- improve, optimise and personalise your experience of our products and services; and
- if you are a joint account holder, to enable Rockfort Markets to share your personal information relating to your joint account with the other joint account holder(s)
- to enable Rockfort Markets to comply with any New Zealand or overseas laws, rules or regulations, including any future laws (including to enable the government of New Zealand or a New Zealand governmental agency or regulator to comply with any agreement between it and an overseas government, agency, or regulator);
- to share personal information with the police, government agencies, or regulators in New Zealand or overseas, where Rockfort Markets reasonably believes that the disclosure will assist it to comply with any New Zealand or overseas laws, rules or regulations or will assist in the investigation, detection and/or prevention of fraud, money laundering or other criminal offences; and
- to meet our regulatory requirements under our Derivatives Issuer License and as may be required from time to time under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 or any other law we share personal information with Financial Markets Authority (FMA) when they require us to do so (or whether otherwise necessary or desirable for our dealings with the FMA).
- to conduct market research and analysis about our brand, offers, Rockfort Markets products or services either ourselves or using service providers, both while you are a customer and for a reasonable time afterwards; and
- unless you ask us not to, to make available and send you information about the full range of offers, products and services offered by Rockfort Markets, including to:
– enable selected third parties to present you with offers, advertisements and/or products or services that we believe may be of interest to you; and
– provide you with information about events, appeals and organisations sponsored by Rockfort Markets. We may contact you by various means, including mail, telephone, email, SMS/text message and through our trading platform. You can ask us not to use your personal information for marketing purposes by contacting us via email or phone. You can also unsubscribe from electronic messages received from us by following the instructions provided in the message.
In addition to the purposes set out above, Rockfort Markets may also share your personal information with third parties (subject to appropriate confidentiality obligations) where you have consented to that information being shared or the reason for doing so is connected to the purpose of collecting the personal information.
3. Storage of your personal information
- access to information systems is controlled through identity and access management;
- employees are bound by information security policies and are required to keep information secure; and
- we regularly monitor and review our compliance (and our service providers’ compliance) with internal policies and industry best practice.
4. Accessing and correcting your personal information
5. Resolving your privacy concerns and complaints – your rights
Your satisfaction is our priority so if you have a concern or complaint, please let us know and we’ll do our best to resolve it right away. If you’re unhappy with our response, you may wish to contact the Privacy Commissioner at: https://privacy.org.nz.
6. How to contact us
By phone on 09 281 2012
By email on email@example.com
In writing to the Rockfort Markets Compliance Officer, PO Box 5382, Victoria Street West, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
In person at Level 2, 22 Fanshawe Street, Auckland
8. Applicable Law
This policy is current as of May 2021.