Frequently Asked Questions
Search through our Q&A below to find answers to your trading and Rockfort Markets
We offer many ways to deposit your fund. For domestic clients in New Zealand, direct internet bank transfer usually takes 1-2 hours to settle during business hours Mon-Fri.
Payments through Poli Pay settles the next working day.
Payments through Visa, Mastercard typically take 1-2 hours inside business hours Mon-Fri.
Withdrawals and deposits overseas by bank transfer (SWIFT transfer) can take between 2-4 days depending on the country, currency and your bank.
Please contact us if you need the payment to be applied urgently or payment has not been applied to your account yet.
Quickly make the Mosaic windows font larger or smaller.
To adjust font size throughout Mosaic
- From Mosaic menu, click the Font Size Adjustment icon.
- Click "Smaller" or "Larger" to change the font size. Notice that the font size changes in Mosaic as you click.
- Check "Adjust window & column widths" to keep the font-to-window size ratio the same. If unchecked, all windows will remain the same size and only the font size will change.
You can login to your trading account, under Navigator, right click your account number, there you will find an option to change the password.
Add and Remove Fields
You can quickly add and remove fields from most windows by holding your mouse over the field name to invoke the insert/remove column commands.
To add or remove columns from a window
- Hold your mouse over a field to invoke the quick insert/remove commands.
- Click the “+” icon to insert a column to the left of the selected column. Pick from the drop-down picklist that appears when you click "Insert Column."
- Click the “x” icon to remove the selected column from the window. You can re-add it at any time.
You can choose not to see these icons by deselecting the feature "Quickly insert/remove columns from column headers" from the Display>Settings page in Global Configuration.
You will need to select the product with .GM and double click on it. (If the product you want to trade is not visible add it to your market watch list first)
Choose your volume, choose between ‘Market Order’, ‘Limit Order’, or ‘Stop Entry Order’, input the trade size and then hit enter. Optionally you can add any ‘Stop Loss’ and ‘Take Profit’ levels for limit and stop orders and then place your order. For more details please check our Risk Management page.
Use the Integrated Search Tool
The Integrated Search Tool in the top right corner of the anchor window lets you search for tools and features in the application as well as for contracts in our database to add to your trading pages. Check "Application" and select from the list of findings to go directly to your destination. Check "Contracts" and select to add an instrument directly to your trading page.
Search for a feature or instrument
- Enter the name of the feature, instrument or type of instrument you are looking for.
- Check Application, Contract or both.
- Click the return that matches your search criteria.
Note: When you use the The search will open and focus in on the feature, or begin adding the instrument to the trading page.
Please check Fees and Charges page.
The Order Entry Panel
Use the Order Entry panel to create and then Submit or Save an order. It's linked via windows color grouping to other windows, which means that when you choose an instrument from another window in the group, the Order Entry panel is "loaded" with that instrument and ready to submit an order. It's easy to change the asset by selecting from the drop down list of previously used instruments, or typing in a new one manually. To set up an option order, click the Option Chain button to easily pick an option contract.
Use the Advanced panel to include additional order attributes and to create OCO, profit-taking or hedging orders.
The Order Entry tile supports different modes, and you can modify the mode to fit your trading style. The above image shows the panel in Interactive mode.
To change the Order Entry mode
- Click the configuration gear icon in the top right corner of the panel's title bar and select Settings.
- Select the Order Entry tool style. Choose from:
- Interactive: Enables the click-able "Position" and "Bid/Mid/Ask" ruler to fill in order parameters.
- Simplified: Smaller display with fewer selections.
- Rapid Transmit: Quickly submit the order by clicking the Sell or Buy button. This version does not include a "Submit" button.
We offer Contract for Difference (CFDs) on FX, Metals, Commodities, Indices.
For more information, please find our product schedule here.
Monitor Orders & Trades
The Mosaic Orders and Trades panels in the ACTIVITY panel provide a running list of all live, canceled and completed orders and trades.
Click the display drop-down (ALL in the above image) to specify which order types to display in the Orders window. Choose from:
- ALL ORDERS
- LIVE ORDERS
- CANCELED ORDERS
- COMPLETED ORDERS
View filled orders in the Trades tab. Drill down per trade to view detailed price and quantity information.
The Mosaic Portfolio window, which is included in the grouping of Monitor Panel tabs along with the Mosaic Market Scanners and the Watchlists, provides key account information.
Note: The Portfolio window is a "source" for windows grouping, which means that when you select an asset all linked windows will display that asset.
To open the Portfolio for the first time
- From the Monitor panel, click "+" sign to add a new page.
- From the drop down list, select Portfolio.
Note: Once you add the Portfolio to your Monitor list, it will be available as a tab. If you can't see it displayed along the top of the Monitor panel, scroll through tabs using the left and right arrow icons to view all available tabs.
At Rockfort markets we make sure that all your funds are kept separate from our operational accounts in a separate client funds account.
As a regulated Derivate Issuer License holder in New Zealand we follow all applicable Financial Markets Legislation, including the New Zealand client money regulations.This means client money is segregated from operational funds and checked on a daily basis and regularly audited by our financial auditor EY. We hold all our client funds in New Zealand at ANZ Bank.
Please check Money Safety page for more details.
Mosaic Market Scanners
Create, customize, edit and view Mosaic Market Scanners from within the Mosaic layout. You can create a new custom scanner, or choose a Predefined Mosaic Market Scanner.
- From within Mosaic, click the "add new window" icon in the Monitor window and select Mosaic Market Scanner.
- Select Create new custom scan... and enter a title for the scan.
- Define the scan "Universe" including the product(s), region(s), exchange(s), instrument type(s), indices, and optional industry filters. You can see the market scanner results in the scanner pane as you define the universe.
- Use the Fields section to add, remove, and manage each displayed value. Use Dual Sort on one field to show the scanner sorted in both directions on the selected field. To change the order in which fields are displayed in the scan, drag and drop fields into the desired order.
Each field provides a "Display" and "Sort" selection. Use these selectors to customize and organize scan data.
"Display" Field Information
"Sort" Field Information
- Click Done to complete the scan. Click Edit Scanner at the top right of the scan window to modify any Mosaic Market Scanner at any time.
To open or edit an existing scanner
- Hold your mouse over the tab set to show all available tabs.
- Click a scanner tab on the Monitor window.
You can export the scan results to an Excel spreadsheet to allow you to use and manipulate the data.
To export scanner results
- Complete defining the scanner criteria (or "Edit" the scanner).
- At the bottom of the scanner edit window, click Export Results.
- Enter a name for the file, and modify the Save in location if desired. Click Save.
The scan data is now saved in a .csv file. \
On the menu bar, open View > Symbols, you will see all Rockfort Markets products listed, double click the product you want to add, and it will show on the main screen.
Watchlists hold double columns of tickers with the symbol, last price and change since the last trade. Coloured tick dots indicate whether the value has increased (green) or decreased (red). Use the right-click menu from any ticker to access trading and analytical tools, and to edit the Watchlist.
Add tickers to a Watchlist by entering the underlying symbol and selecting the asset type.
To add a Watchlist in Mosaic
- Click the new page icon to add a page.
- From the tools list select Watchlist.
- Click Rename Current Watchlist to name the Watchlist if desired. Otherwise, Watchlists are named Watchlist1, Watchlist2 etc.
- Add tickers to the Watchlist.
To add a Watchlist in Classic TWS
- From the Trading Tools menu select Watchlist.
- Click Rename Current Watchlist to name the Watchlist if desired. Otherwise, Watchlists are named Watchlist1, Watchlist2 etc.
- Add tickers to the Watchlist.
On the second line of the menu, click the first button with green + and to add new chart.
Create an Order
There are many ways to create an order in TWS. This topic shows you how to create and transmit an order directly from a ticker line in the Quote Monitor.
To create and transmit an order from the Quote Monitor
- Click the Ask or Bid in a market data line to create an order line directly below the selected ticker.
- Click the Ask to create a Buy
- Click the Bid to create a Sell
- On the Order line, modify the order parameters including Time in Force, Action, Quantity, Price, Order Type, or Destination, if needed.
- Note: To trade more efficiently by using default values, create order Preset strategies using the Order Presets in Global Configuration.To transmit your order, click “Transmit” (or “T” if you have reduced the size of the Transmit field).
By default, a working order will display on any page that has the ticker. You can modify where you want working orders to display using the Page settings.
- Right click a tabbed title and select Settings.
- Show only orders created on this page - Regardless of the tickers, only the orders you create from this page will display on this page.
- Show inactive orders only, move active orders to Pending page - Shows deactivated or non-transmitted orders only. Working orders created from this page will only display on the Pending page.
Leverage enables you to gain a large exposure to a financial market while only tying up a relatively small amount of your capital. In this way, leverage magnifies the scope for both gains and losses.
We only require you to deposit a small amount of margin to hold large positions, for most of our products the typical margin rate is only 1%.
Even though you only put up a relatively small amount of capital to open a position, your profit or loss is based on the full value of the position. Therefore, the amount you gain or lose could be relatively large compared to your initial outlay.
For more information please check our Education page.
Modify an Order
You can modify an order up until the time it fills. Until this occurs, the order remains visible and editable.
Working orders appear in the Orders panel, and can be edited by clicking the appropriate field.
Using Advanced Order Entry
The order line appears below the ticker on the page on which it was created, and on the Pending page. An order is “working” if the order status is green.
Note: VWAP orders are accepted immediately and cannot be modified.
To modify a working order
- On an order line, click in the field you want to modify, and make your change.
Note: Orders that have child orders associated with them, such as bracket or scale orders, cannot have the order side flipped. Orders than can be flipped will note this using (Reverse) next to the opposite-side action in the Action drop-down. When you flip the order side, a cancel request is sent for the original order and both the original with the cancel request and the new reversed order are displayed.
Click Update in the Transmit column to transmit your modified order.
To undo changes before you transmit, right-click and choose Discard Modifications.
Note: You may receive a fill on the original order before your modified order has replaced it on the exchange. Please see the Customer Agreement for specific details on modifying and canceling orders.
1. Losing more than the money in your account:
CFDs are leveraged meaning you only need to put up a fraction of your trade’s value to open it. So you could lose – or gain – much more than your initial deposit.
You can mitigate risk and lock in profits by setting an automatic stop or limit, to define the level you’d like your trade closed at.
2. Having your positions closed unexpectedly, resulting in you losing money.
You need a certain amount of money in your account to keep your trades open. This is called margin, and if your account balance doesn’t cover our margin requirements we may close your positions for you.
Keep an eye on your always-visible running balances in our platform or app and add more funds if they’re needed.
3. Sudden or larger-than-expected losses (or gains).
Markets can be volatile, moving very quickly and unexpectedly in reaction to announcements, events or trader behaviour.
As well as setting stops, you can also be notified of significant movement by setting a price or distance alert, giving you the choice of whether or not to react.
4. Having an order (an instruction you give us, to open or close a trade for you when the market hits a certain level) filled at a different level to the one you requested.
When a market moves a long way in an instant – or ‘gaps’ – any orders you have placed may be filled at a worse level than the one you requested. This is called slippage.
Check our Risk Management page for more details.
Transmit an Order
Once you have verified the order parameters on an order management line, you are ready to transmit your order.
To transmit an order
- Click Transmit (or “T” if you have reduced the size of the field) in the Transmit field, or
- Use the right-click menu on the order line and select
When an order is accepted at the destination, it becomes a “working” order. All working orders appear on the Pending page. A red tab title indicates that the page holds a working order.
To transmit multiple orders
- From the Trade menu select Transmit, and then select:
- Transmit Selected Orders to submit the orders you have selected on the current page
- Transmit All Orders on Page to send all of the orders on the current page. The dollar value in parenthesis reflects the total value of all orders on the page.
- Transmit All Orders to submit all orders in TWS.
You can simply complete our Online Application Form.
After submitting your application, you will receive a confirmation email from us that will explain how to deposit funds and start trading.
Please contact us if you failed to receive the email.
We aim to provide you with the best customer service at all times, however if you feel we have not met your expectations we want to hear from you.
Please check Complaints page to see how you can raise it with us
Cancel an Order
For a working order, the Cancel command sends a cancellation request to the order destination. See the Order Status Colors page for the meaning of status colors on an order management line.
For a non-transmitted order, use the right-click Discard command to delete the selected order(s) from your trading screen.
You can cancel any working order up until the time it has been executed at an order destination. You can also choose to cancel all orders on a page or all orders on your workstation.
To cancel a working order
- From the Trade menu select Cancel, and then select:
- Cancel Selected Orders to submit a cancel request for the order(s) you have selected on the current page
- Cancel All Orders on Page to cancel all working and non-submitted orders on the current page.
- Cancel All Orders to submit a cancel request for all orders in TWS.
- Or,Click Cancel (or “C” if you have reduced the field size) in the Cancel field.
For information on the colors displayed in the Status field, see the Order Status Colorstopic.
Note: Your working order is not confirmed CANCELED until the status field turns red. Please see the appropriate Customer Agreement for further information on order confirmation/cancellation.
You can open a free demo account easily through Demo Account page on our website. This will allow you try out the platform and your trading strategies.
Rockfort Markets was granted a Derivate Issuer License in New Zealand, this requires us to adhere to strict rules and regulations and means we are monitored by the Financial Markets Authority. The FSPR or Financial Service Provider Register is simply a register of financial companies in New Zealand, this is been abused by a number of overseas companies trying make out they have a license when in fact they do not. They are often not even based in New Zealand.
You should only deal with licensed companies and carefully check who you are dealing with as many unlicensed companies do not safeguard your money and are often simply scams.
For more information please check our Licensed and Regulated page.
Add a Quote Monitor
There is no limit to the number of Quote Monitors you can create in TWS. You can enter as many lines of market data as you want, but at any one time you will only be able to see 100 active market data lines at a time. For details, see Notes about Market Data use. Use the Quote Monitors to sort your assets by instrument type, exchange, or your own trading system categories. You can navigate through the tabbed pages without the mouse by using the Ctrl key along with the Page Up and Page Down keys.
- To detach a page, simply click the tab and drag the page away from the tabset.
- To create a new page, click the “+” sign and select Quote Monitor
- To delete a page, click the X.
- To rename a page, right-click the page title and select Rename Page.
You can also use a page-level feature called Quick Stock Entry, which will automatically complete a market data line for a stock using the set of order destinations you set up.
To add a Portfolio Page
You can create a system-maintained Quote Monitor that includes a data line for each position in your portfolio. Use the right-click menu from the “+” sign and select Portfolio Window. The portfolio page can only be created once.
This creates a page with the same positions that are displayed in the Portfolio section of the Account window. Each time you take a position, the Portfolio page is automatically updated to include market data for the new position. When you zero out a position, the market data line remains on your Portfolio page. You can remove zero position tickers from this and other pages using the right-click menu on a page and selecting Clear Zero Position Rows.
We have a number of different trading accounts, please check Account Types page for details.
To log in to TWS
- Double-click the Trader Workstation icon that was placed on your desktop during installation.
- Choose between Live and Paper trading by clicking the desired button. If you choose Live Trading the login box is dark blue. If you choose Paper Trading the login box is dark red.
- Enter your User name and Password and click Log In.
You can deposit funds by clicking here
Use the Layout Library to quickly create a custom workspace layout. Simply peruse the Layout Library and select a layout, for example "Option Trading" or "Futures Spreads." Add it to your platform with a single click, and easily toggle between layouts by clicking the tab along the bottom of the TWS frame.
To use the Layout Library
1. Click the Add Tab "+" icon at the end of the tabset along the bottom of the frame.
2. Select "Layout Library."
3. Browse layouts and click Details to find out more about any layout.
4. Click Add Layout to create the layout. It will appear as a new, named tab along the bottom of TWS.
Use the layout as-is, or unlock and edit it to make it your own. You can add, remove and re-size tools, and use windows linking to link tools within the layout. Modify background and font colors, included fields and the order of fields on most windows.
Add as many layouts as you need. Alternatively, create a layout from scratch by selecting "Create a New Custom Layout" instead of "Open the Layout Library."
You can withdraw your funds by clicking here. It will take between 24-48 hours to process your application. Please be aware that you can only withdraw your fund to the bank account under your name.
The Mosaic has two editing modes: Locked and Unlocked.
By default, the Mosaic workspace is in "locked" mode when you launch the tool. When the workspace is locked, it acts as a single, grouped unit. You cannot add, remove, re-size or move any component windows, but you can re-size the entire workspace, and each component within will be scaled accordingly. Note that you can, however, modify windows grouping assignments. We lock the workspace by default to avoid potential issues of inadvertently deleting and moving individual components.
If you want to rearrange the windows, add or remove windows, or re-size individual component windows, click the Lock icon to unlock the workspace.
When the Mosaic layout is locked, the workspace is outlined in black and the lock label indicates the status. Keep the layout locked until you need to add, remove or resize individual windows.
To unlock the layout for editing
- Click the "lock" icon located to the left of the search field.
When the Mosaic layout is unlocked, the workspace is outlined in green and the lock icon appears to be open to indicate the status. When unlocked, windows within the workspace frame act as separate, ungrouped windows, and you are able to remove them, re-size them, and add new windows to the layout frame.
Note: Be sure to always lock the workspace when you have finished editing to avoid unwanted changes or deletions to the Mosaic. You will not be allowed to exit the application if the workspace is unlocked.
To lock the layout
- Click the "lock" icon